1. Rinse and drain the shrimp, pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the Sweet and Sour Sauce together. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
3. Heat up a skillet with the cooking oil on high heat. When it’s heated, add the garlic and stir fry until the garlic turns light brown. Add in the shrimp, stir fry until the surface turns white. Add in the Sweet and Sour Sauce and let cook for 1 minute, or until the shrimp is cooked through. Add more water to loosen the Sauce if it dries up or becomes too thick.
4. Garnish with chopped scallions and white sesame and serve immediately.
Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce, if desired. Enjoy it with steamed rice or noodles.
1 lb. shelled and deveined SSP shrimp, tail-on
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon chili sauce like Sriracha (optional)
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
2. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
3. Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary leaves, if desired.
1 1/2 pounds SSP shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup chicken stock
Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves